WestJet gives customers the option of choosing one of two Economy and Business classes of service offering multiple fare categories. Cabin comfort and the range of services included in the ticket price depend on the preferred class and fare.
EconoFlex, PremiumFlex and BusinessFlex
|Free modification||Earn miles points
Free flight change for Gold and Platinum members
|No charge for same-day flight changes at check-in for Gold and Platinum members of the Rewards loyalty program||Members with Gold and Platinum status have the option of requesting a last-minute upgrade to a higher class (Premium or Business).||
Silver, Gold and Platinum members booking an airline ticket with the EconoFlex fare are entitled to a free upgrade to Business.
Econo, Premium and Business
WestJet: Fare characteristics by class of travel
Economy class at this airline is divided into two ticket categories:
- Paid checked baggage
- No possibility to modify or cancel the flight
- Paid seat selection service
- Unable to accumulate miles points
- Possibility of traveling with baggage in the hold (by paying a fee)
- Possibility to modify or cancel a reservation for a fee
- Selection/choice of seat: Paid
- Ability to earn miles
- One bag to check in for free
- Free flight change or cancellation
- Free seat selection
- Miles are credited to the frequent flyer account (after each expenditure)
– Premium and Premium Flex
- Two bags to check in for free
- Priority passage through the security check
- Speedy boarding
- Free modification for the Premium tariff, and chargeable for the Premium Flex fare
This class has the highest level of service. Business class passengers have access to a range of important services:
- Reclining seats (reclining)
- Free food and drink (included in the price)
- Free access to the airport lounge
- Two free checked bags
- Going through the security check and fast boarding
- Have priority in the case of transporting additional baggage
- Air ticket modification and cancellation for a fee (change of departure date or destination)
– Business Flex
In addition to the benefits granted to passengers booking their Westjet flight on the Business fare (which are mentioned above), travelers choosing the Business Flex package are entitled to change or cancel their flight free of charge.
It is also possible to upgrade the class of service using bonus miles. In this case, the passenger receives a boarding pass indicating the personal class of service. The ticket changes when boarding the plane. If there is no seat available in a higher class, the miles are returned to the customer’s account.
Guardian rate: Special discount for parents accompanying their children by plane
Passengers traveling on WestJet flights with their children between the ages of 2 and 11 benefit from a discount on the price of their plane tickets by choosing the Guardian fare (knowing that it is not available on flights operated by 787 Dreamline).
Flights with this fare must be booked by telephone. The service is available every day between 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.